Here we have another recipe from Becky – omnivore/recipe-veganiser extraordinaire (she did the welsh cakes. Yum). She’s a good ‘un!
Adapted from a Nigella recipe, this chocolate mousse is INSANE. So rich and amazing. It uses marshmallows instead of egg to make it fluffy. She used Dandies that I bought when I did an iherb order a while ago, but you can get vegan marshmallows from lots of online vegan shops, and even in some health food shops.
- Serves: 4-6
- 150g mini marshmallows (or normal ones cut in half)
- 50g dairy-free margarine
- 250g good dark chocolate (minimum 60% cocoa solids), chopped into small pieces
- 60ml hot water from a recently boiled kettle
- 1 x 284ml tub soya cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put the marshmallows, margarine, chocolate and water in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Put the saucepan on the hob, over heat, though keep it fairly gentle, to melt the contents, stirring every now and again.
- Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream with the vanilla extract until thick, and then fold into the cooling chocolate mixture until you have a smooth, cohesive mixture.
- Pour or scrape into 4 glasses or ramekins on top of raspberries, about 175ml each in capacity, or 6 smaller (125ml) ones
- Chill until you want to eat